Is there an adapter to connect a 1" exit horn to a 1/4" throat? Is it the 21216?
Even if there is a non-Altec adapter out there, I'd like to try it. Just can't seem to find it.
Thanks!
Is there an adapter to connect a 1" exit horn to a 1/4" throat? Is it the 21216?
Even if there is a non-Altec adapter out there, I'd like to try it. Just can't seem to find it.
Thanks!
Yes. Several years ago I used a pair of 21216 adapters to connect my 802D's to my 311-60's. Worked perfectly.
Gary Dahl
YES!
Bill has NEW ones at Great Plains Audio! Well made and reasonably priced!
Call him and order a pair TODAY!
(405) 789-0221
Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage
Great - thanks!
EDIT: Thanks Todd.
The 21216 and 21216A adapters were designed to allow an Altec 1" driver to be installed on an Altec 1.4" horn. The 21216 has the 3-bolt pattern for the 1.4" driver and the 21216A has the 3-bolt and 4-bolt patterns.
It is physically possible to use the 21216A to install a 1.4" driver on a 1" horn and not recommended.
Experience is Knowledge
I have an EV ADH-1 adapter also marked 79899 which has a plastic bushing that unscrews which will also accept a thread on driver, unfortunately the threads are slightly offset to the bore leading to avoidable sonic compromise. So I would avoid these unless you can examine them carefully ahead of time.
Harry
Good to know. Thanks. I didn't want to buy a new pair just for a test, so was looking for something used or cheap. Will be carefull what I get.
Bookmarks